Diffusing essential oils is one of the most popular and effective ways to enjoy aromatherapy benefits. If you are new to diffusing and are wondering how to use an essential oil diffuser, read on.
The most utilized type of diffuser for essential oils today is an ultrasonic diffuser. This type uses ultrasonic waves and water to disperse essential oils into the air. They are widely available in many sizes, shapes and price ranges. This is the type of diffuser we are focusing on today to teach you to use.
How To Use An Essential Oil Diffuser:
- 1. Choose location: Choose an open area in a room or office with a solid surface or tabletop. You will need a outlet to plug it in. Also, since water is being used, it is good to have a place mat or towel down if you are using on a wood surface. I have a diffuser on my nightstand near my bed and one in my family room on a solid shelf. For best use, avoid placing in direct sunlight or near a fan.
- 2.Add water: Once you have your place picked out. Fill your diffuser to the max line of the water tank with clean tap water that is room temperature. Most diffusers have a max line on the inside of the water tank or a measuring cup to fill up and then add to the tank refer to your diffuser manual for recommended water amount your diffuser requires. *DO NOT OVERFILL or your diffuser may not run properly.
- 3. Add oils: Next, add 5-10 drops of essential oils to water. You can use a single essential oil like lavender, or an essential oil blend. See below for recommend oils to diffuse. Usually 6 drops is enough but sometimes you may want more oil for a stronger scent. You can experiment with the essential oil amounts to see what you prefer. Get our FREE Diffuser Guide here for lots of recipes to try:
- 4. Turn on: Place cap or top of diffuser back on as your diffuser requires. Turn on. Set which features you would like if your model has options.
Here are two of hot sellering ultrasonic diffusers available:
3D Firework Light Effect Ultrasonic Glass Aromatherapy Diffuser Humidifier PR-23
300ml Wood Grain Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser with 7 Color Changing Lamp PB-1212Q
Not all diffusers are the same, some have options depending on the model you purchase. You may be able to set the length of time you want the diffuser on, or different time cycles you can choose from like on for 30 seconds then off for 15 seconds. Some also have light options you can turn on for a display of colors or a solid color. These features vary widely depending on brand and model.
Quick Cleaning of Your Diffuser:
It is also best to do a quick clean after use. Just unplug diffuser and remove any water left in the water tank. Clean inside with a small brush and warm water (most diffusers come with one or you can use a clean paint brush dedicated to cleaning your diffuser). Rinse out and dry off. Use a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean ultrasonic chip found in most water reservoirs. Let air dry.
Best Single Oils To Diffuser:
Here are my favorite single essential oils to diffuse alone in a diffuser:
- Lavender: scent is calming, relaxing, good for sleep, anxiety, sadness, restlessness, reducing stress
- Peppermint: diffuse for improved concentration, focus, alertness, respiratory support, refreshing aroma, mental fatigue, seasonal allergies, headaches
- Lemon: good for uplifting, detoxifying, cleansing, purifying, deodorizing, energizing
- Frankincense: use during meditation, yoga, good for balancing, lifting spirits, improving focus, anxiety, spiritual awareness
- Grapefruit: helps reduce food cravings, uplifting, balancing, enhances mood, relieves anxiety, stress, tension
About us – Shenzhen Promise Household Products Co., Ltd
We, PROMISE Household, located in Shenzhen, Guangdong, is a professional and reliable aroma diffuser& humidifier manufacturer and exporter.
Our philosophy :With best service move towards to the world , with superior quality to gain a foothold in the international!
Go ahead to start your selling season market by these niche products, and get discount from us, welcome to contact us for more details: firstname.lastname@example.org.